5 dead, including suspects, after San Diego mosque shooting – National

Published:

Two suspected shooters opened fire at a San Diego mosque Monday, where the FBI said three adult males were killed.

The shooters are also dead, and were believed to be teenagers, the FBI told reporters.

San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said the case is considered to be a hate crime, and there was no longer a threat to the public.

Police were called to the scene around noon local time, where they believed multiple people had been shot.

Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won't miss a trending story.

Get breaking National news

Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won’t miss a trending story.

The scene at the Islamic Center of San Diego has since been contained, according to authorities, but is still active.

It is not yet clear if the shooting occurred inside or outside the mosque, and San Diego Police said “the threat at the Islamic center has been neutralized.”

Story continues below advertisement


San Diego Police said they were on the scene shortly after 3:00 p.m. eastern (12:00p.m pacific).

– More to come

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Related articles

Recent articles